3 Healthy Christmas Recipes
Here are 3 healthy christmas recipes that look amazing and taste so delicious. If you are looking for simple, healthy and different recipes for this holiday season I recommend you try these from my special guest Ana Bernal from True Taste Co.
Brown Butter & Sage Risotto with Lobster
4 tablespoons butter
10 sage leaves
1 chopped shallot
2 cups arborio rice
1-quart vegetable or fish broth
1 cup cooked lobster meat, chopped into bite-sized pieces
1 cup grated parmesan cheese (optional)
Salt, pepper to taste
- In a large stock pot set over medium heat, melt the butter and when it starts to foam
and turn brown, swirl the pan and add in the sage leaves. After a about 30 seconds,
remove the sage leaves and set aside.
- Remove half of the butter and set aside. Add the chopped shallot to the pot and stir
frequently until translucent, about 2 minutes. Add the arborio rice in and gently stir.
- Add in the liquid, one cup at a time and stir until it has been absorbed by the rice.
- Add in the parmesan cheese and stir well.
- Just before serving, fold in the cooked lobster meat and serve drizzled with the
remaining brown butter and crispy sage leaves.
Charred Cauliflower Appetizer
2 heads cauliflower or Caulini
½ cup currants or golden raisins
½ cup chopped parsley
½ cup veganaise
2 tablespoons tahini
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 tablespoon sriracha
Sliced almonds, toasted
- Preheat oven to 425*F
- Separate cauliflower florets and spread onto a baking sheet. Salt and pepper
- In a small bowl, wisk veganaise, tahini and sriracha. Use this to brush onto the
cauliflower and roast for 15-20 minutes or until cauliflower is golden brown.
- Remove from oven and drizzle with remaining sauce, chopped parsley, currants
and toasted almonds.
Roasted Acorn Squash and Pomegranate Salad
Baby red butter lettuce
1 acorn squash cut into half-moons, seeds removed
1 cup toasted walnuts
2 golden delicious apples
Pomegranate seeds for decoration
¼ cup pomegranate juice
2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
½ chopped shallot
1 cup olive oil
1 teaspoon mustard
1 tablespoon honey
Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 425*F
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and place acorn squash half-moons
drizzled with olive oil, salt and pepper. Roast for 15-20 minutes or until golden
- Prepare pomegranate vinaigrette by combining ingredients in a blender and
blending until smooth. Set aside.
- Serve and enjoy.
All these recipes are delicious, filling and so simple to make. You can meal-prep all of them and keep them in the fridge for a few days after. Subscribe to my YouTube channel for more simple, healthy and delicious recipes!
I send you love and light,