3 Healthy Recipes for Weight loss
Collard Leaf Wraps
1/2 cup mixture of quinoa and brown rice
1/4 cup shredded carrot
1/4 cup shredded cucumber
1/4 cup shredded purple cabbage
Dressing: (you will have leftovers, it makes a great salad dressing too)
3/4 cup tahini
1/4 cup tamari sauce
1/4 cup rice vinegar
2 tablespoons maple syrup
1/4 cup of water
- Wash the leaves and cut the stems.
- Place all the ingredients inside the leaves and wrap them up.
- Dip the wraps in the dressing and ENJOY!
Tip: You can meal-prep this recipe and eat them during the week, perfect for on the go! I have a lot of meal-prep friendly recipes like this one, my recent favorite is a delicious cauliflower fried “rice” with shrimp.
Quinoa and Rice Salad
2 cups spinach
1/2 shredded cucumber
1/2 shredded purple cabbage
2 cups cherry tomatoes
1/2 cup of quinoa and brown rice
1/4 cup of cilantro
Juice of 1 lemon
1/2 tsp paprika
1 tsp turmeric
1 tsp apple cider vinegar
Dash himalayan salt
2 tbsp tahini
- In a bowl mix all the salad ingredients.
- In a separate bowl prepare the dressing by mixing all the ingredients.
- When you are ready to eat, mix the salad with the dressing. DELICIOUS!
1 peeled lemon
1/4 of papaya
1-2 celery sticks
1 inch of ginger
1 frozen banana
- Mix all the ingredients in a blender.
- Add ice to make the smoothie into a frappe consistency
*Disclaimer: Our bodies are constantly detoxing on their own and these recipes give your body a boost to do it more efficiently. Remember to take a holistic approach to health (body, mind and spirit), essentially it’s your everyday habits that will make the difference in how you feel and look.
My food preparation app will be launching very SOON and it will be full of easy, healthy and delicious recipes like these. Follow @simplefitapp on IG for all the details. Remember to tag me #yovanafam if you create any recipe. It inspires and motivates me to continue when I see your creations!
Love and light,