Chipotle Veggie Bowl
1 cup Brussels sprouts
1 tsp olive oil
1 cup quinoa
1 cup black beans
2 tsp tahini
¼ cup dried chipotle peppers
Juice of 1 lime
Pinch of Himalayan salt
¼ cup water
4 cups mixed greens
1 cup pico de gallo
- Cut Brussels sprouts in half, put on a baking tray and drizzle with the olive oil.
- Bake the Brussels sprouts at 350F for 15 minutes to warm and soften.
- Cook ½ cup quinoa with 1 cup of water for 15 minutes
- Warm the black beans in a saucepan.
- Blend the tahini, chipotle, lime juice, salt and water to form your dressing.
- Assemble your veggie bowl with the greens at the bottom, followed by quinoa, beans, pico de gallo and Brussels sprouts.
- Dress your salad with the creamy chipotle dressing and enjoy!
- Be sure the black beans you choose have no added oil.
- If you prefer, you can make your own black beans! Measure out 1 cup of black beans after you’ve cooked them.
Consuming one cup of Brussels sprouts will provide 195 percent of vitamin K, 125 percent of vitamin C, and 10 percent or more of vitamin A, vitamin B6, folate, potassium, and manganese needs for the day.
This is a perfect recipe to make for dinner. I would suggest making a larger quantity so you can have leftovers for lunch or dinner the next day! Get creative with this veggie bowl and use whatever veggies you have available. The special ingredient here is the dressing, so as long as you have that, you’re good to go! Hope you enjoy this recipe as much as we did.