My Cruelty-Free Makeup Routine (Day Look)
Conventional makeup is tested on animals, which is unnecessary and only required in one country (China). Fortunately, there are lots of gorgeous alternative products! In this video and post, I’ll share all of my favorite beauty brands and products so that you can let your inner beauty shine guilt-free.
I’m excited to share my cruelty-free makeup routine! This is what I use for videos, or just to go out during the day.
Let’s take a moment first to talk about what cruelty-free means in this context. Conventional makeup is tested on animals, which are typically kept in torturously small cages, drugged and sedated.
Cruelty-free makeup doesn’t test on animals, but can still contain non-vegan ingredients. Cruelty-free vegan products don’t test on animals, and contain no animal products.
This makeup tutorial is entirely cruelty-free! I’m doing my best to use vegan substitutes, and welcome your suggestions.
Ready To Let Your Inner Beauty Shine Through?!
Watch the video for tips and techniques, but read on for a list of the products I use and a reminder of my makeup process.
- I start by cleansing my face with wipes from Pacifica.
- Next, I apply eyeshadow primer from Urban Decay.
- The two brands of eyeshadow I use are Tarte and 100% Pure.
- I apply liquid eyeliner called Tattoo Liner by Kat Von D.
- My face primer is Hangover, made by the brand Too Faced.
- I move onto my eyebrows, using a two-color set from Anastasia.
- I use a nude matte pencil, also by Anastasia, under my eyebrows.
- To apply my Too Faced foundation, I use a beauty blender.
- Some Radiant Creamy Concealer by NARS under my eyes makes them bright, and a bit more hides any problem areas.
- I apply setting powder by Cover FX.
- I’m absolutely in love with bronzer, and Too Faced makes my favorite!
- After the bronzer, I brush on some blush from Too Faced. The color I use is called I Will Always Love You.
- I use Perfecting Powder by BECCA as a highlighter on my cheeks, forehead, and nose.
- Brow gel by Anastasia on my eyebrows helps keep them looking perfect.
- Next, I highlight my eyes a bit more using that same eyeshadow palette from Tarte.
- My eyelash curler and mascara are both by the brand Ere Perez.
- Aveda’s lipliner is my favorite because it’s subtle and works well with any lipstick or lip gloss colors..
- I use the lipstick Foxglove by 100% Pure, then brighten it up with a hint of a more vibrant shade of lip gloss from Aveda.
True beauty shines from within. Just think how much more beautiful you’ll feel when you know that your makeup products align with your values! There’s absolutely no need for animals to suffer for makeup, and using these products will let you help reduce animal cruelty without sacrificing your beauty routine.
Please let me know if you have any other suggestions for cruelty-free vegan beauty products, or if you’d like any other makeup tutorials!
Love you, gorgeous!