Divine Apple Cobbler
Don’t you love fall?! It’s finally apple season! One of the best ways to get into eating more fruits and veggies is to pay attention to what’s in season, and celebrate it! Seasonal produce is cheap, nutrient-dense, and delicious. Enjoy the bounty of apples with this delicious dessert!
3 medium apples
2 tablespoons coconut oil
1/2 cup coconut sugar (or other sugar, if you prefer)
3 tablespoons cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon sea salt
3/4 cup coconut sugar
1/2 cup coconut flour (almond flour or oat flour work too)
3/4 cup rolled oats
1 teaspoon sea salt
2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
coconut crystals (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Cut the apples into bite-sized chunks, and place in a bowl. Juice the lemons.
- Put the lemon juice and all of the other filling ingredients into the bowl with the apple chunks. Mix until the chunks are evenly coated.
- In a separate bowl, mix all of the topping ingredients until the mixture resembles wet sand. (If the coconut oil is solid, melt it first.)
- Pour the apple chunks into a baking dish, and cover evenly with the topping mixture.
- Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 50 to 60 minutes, or until the apples are bubbly and the top begins to brown.
- Cool for 15-20 minutes, serve, and enjoy!
Apples are a great source of fiber, which promotes healthy digestion. This will clean out your whole system, leaving you with clear skin and lots of energy! If you love apples as much as I do, you’ll also love this video I made featuring five apple recipes. You’ll see how scrumptious this cobbler looks, and learn four other mouth-watering uses for apples, including a delicious apple broccoli salad, an apple chia pudding, and even apple nachos. Yum!