Two Vegan Lunches To Go
My amazing friend Jenné from Sweet Potato Soul and I have teamed up to create some great dishes for you guys! These two vegan lunches are tasty, simple to make, and full of the flavors and nutrients you need to feel your best.
The Mexican bowl with vegan barbacoa carnitas is inspired by a typical meaty dish, but substitutes vibrant vegan flavors. It’s packed with protein from the lentils, antioxidants from the veggies, and beneficial properties from the spices.
The potato salad is rich and creamy but bright and flavorful all at once. When you make it, use your preferred combination of regular potatoes and sweet potatoes. You can use all of one or the other, or mix them to suit your taste.
Read on to learn how to make these dishes, and be sure to watch the video on YouTube to see exactly how it’s done and how they turn out!
2 garlic cloves
1.5 cup lentils
1/4 cup lime juice
1 teaspoon paprika
2 teaspoons cumin
1.5 teaspoons oregano
3 chipotle chiles canned in adobo sauce (keep the sauce)
1 teaspoon tamari
2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
2 teaspoons coconut sugar
Salt and pepper
For The Bowls
1 portion cooked rice
Pickled red onion
- Dice the onion. Mince the garlic. Shred the carrots.
- Heat a large pot on the stove over medium heat.
- Put 2 tablespoons of water and the diced onion into the hot pot. Cook, stirring constantly, until lightly browned.
- Add the following ingredients to the pot in order, stirring well after each addition: cooked lentils, shredded carrots, lime juice, garlic, paprika, cumin, oregano, chipotle peppers, tamari, apple cider vinegar, 1 teaspoon of the sauce from the chipotles, ¼ cup water, coconut sugar, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook the mixture for about ten minutes after adding the last ingredients, stirring occasionally.
- Prepare your toppings: shred the cabbage, finely slice the radishes, and pick the cilantro.
- Place a serving of cooked rice in a bowl. Top it with your vegan barbacoa, then finish with pickled red onions and your prepared cabbage, radishes, and cilantro. Enjoy!
1/2 cup water
1 garlic clove
1 tablespoon lime juice
1/2 tablespoon mustard
2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
Salt to taste
1 teaspoon black pepper
- Place all of the ingredients in a blender.
- Blend and enjoy!
Sweet Potato Salad
1 lb of potatoes: sweet potatoes, regular potatoes, or a combination
1/3 white onion
1 bell pepper
2 ears of sweet corn
1/2 cup cilantro
1/2 cup parsley
2 teaspoons cumin
Salt and pepper
1 cup of guacamole mayonnaise
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the potatoes and cook until fork-tender but still firm. Allow to cool.
- Cube the potatoes. Dice the onion and bell pepper. Cut the corn off the ears. Chop the cilantro and parsley.
- Pour the cubed potatoes into a large bowl. Add the onion, sweet corn, bell pepper, cilantro, parsley, cumin, salt, and pepper. Mix to combine.
- Add the guacamole mayonnaise and mix once more to combine. Serve and enjoy!
For more great recipes from Jenné, check out her site Sweet Potato Soul. And for more from me, subscribe to my newsletter. Let me know what you thought of these recipes and which one is your favorite. Hearing your feedback helps me give you more of what you need!
Love you! ❤️